How To Choose The Right Vanilla Perfume: Top 10 Useful Tips
It is no secret to anyone that any, even a very good image, will not be complete if you do not choose the right scent for it. But what should you pay attention to when choosing a perfume? Let’s try to find the answer to this question! So, naturally, first, you should pay attention to the scent of the perfume. As a rule, there are samples in almost any perfume store. Therefore, you can independently evaluate the aroma of the perfume without any problems. Remember that the perfume should have a scent that will be pleasant to you first of all. Otherwise, most likely you simply will not be able to use the chosen perfume on an ongoing vanilla perfume basis.
Choose a perfume that doesn’t have an overly harsh scent. If after applying the perfume to your skin you feel a rather pleasant, but still too harsh scent, you should choose something else. The fact is that most likely in a few hours the pungent smell, which at first seemed pleasant to you, will simply bore you. You will soon give up using such a perfume. You don’t want that, do you?
When choosing a perfume, many people pay attention primarily to its cost. And this really makes sense, because most of the most famous fragrances are produced by eminent brands. And such a perfume is relatively expensive. However, it is far from a fact that a well-known expensive fragrance will suit you. Moreover, not every person is ready to spend too much money on perfume. But among the relatively inexpensive perfume, there are also quite good aromas. So you definitely shouldn’t underestimate an inexpensive perfume. It is quite possible that the fragrance that has a relatively affordable cost will suit you.
And of course, it is worth mentioning that some people very often buy fakes of a famous perfume. And it’s definitely not worth doing. Of course, a copy of a famous perfume can have exactly the same scent. Only a similar perfume can be made from completely different ingredients. And not all elements that are part of fake perfumes can be completely safe for health. So before purchasing a new perfume, you should definitely make sure that it is not fake and passed all the necessary checks that confirm its quality.
- To the store with a “fresh” nose
When going to a perfume shop, do not wear perfume on yourself. Otherwise, you will not be able to feel the aromas in their pure form. It’s also best to go shopping in the morning or afternoon, as long as your sense of smell isn’t overwhelmed and your brain is easier to distinguish between smells.
- You shouldn’t try everything and immediately buy what you like. Smell a few scents, pick three you like, and apply them to the blotter. A blotter is a strip of paper we are used to. And only the one that you like the most, apply to the wrist. And in any case, do not rub the aroma so that it is absorbed faster. The alcohol must naturally evaporate. The fragrance needs at least 20 minutes to unfold. Give it this time – and then you will be able to feel it in full.
- It is better to “listen” to the aroma all day long. If this is not a hasty purchase in a foreign store and you have the time, then apply the fragrance to your neck, collarbones, clothes and go with it all day. This will help you find out its density, durability, trail. It happens that light aromas last for hours, but seemingly bright ones disappear very quickly. The olfactory pyramid gives some idea of the process. This is the name of the three-stage structure of the fragrance: top, heart and base notes. The first ones disappear almost immediately, the middle ones last a little longer, and the basic ones are felt for a very long time. True, this does not work with all spirits. Among them are the so-called panoramic scents. They remain unchanged for a very long time. A whole day of living with a particular scent will be enough to reveal its essence.
- Do not trust the composition too much. We like some smells, others we don’t. And that’s okay. But you should not, seeing a rose in the composition of the perfume, which, for example, you hate, immediately refuse the bottle. The fact is that the perfume rose is grown in Turkey, Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, and France. Collect it in many different ways. Accordingly, it smells differently in each case. Therefore, the fact that a rose component is indicated in the composition does not mean that this is exactly the scent that you once strongly disliked.
- Skin type is also important. It is believed that perfume adheres best to moisturized skin. Often, manufacturers, along with a line of fragrances, release a series of care products. There is also an opinion that fragrances “sound” differently on different types and even colors of skin. True, perfumers have not yet come to a common view on this. But not all scents are good on the skin. For example, fresh fragrances are best applied to clothing: the inner side of blouses and shirts, the lining of jackets. This, for example, will make the musks more persistent in the heat. They evaporate quickly on the skin.
- Advice for smokers. If you smoke, choose a perfume with notes of tobacco and leather. They are organically intertwined with the smell of cigarettes that comes from the smoker and smooth it out.
- If the aroma is not heard, then it is suitable. This is nothing more than a myth. If you stop smelling perfume after a few minutes, it means that the adaptation mechanism has started in the body. He simply blocked the notes, finding them tiring and overwhelming to the brain.
- Apply perfume to pulse points. To make the scent as perceptible as possible, you do not need to pour perfume on yourself from head to toe. And to enter the fragrant cloud, as advised by many magazines, is also not worth it. This is a meaningless translation of the product. Better to apply perfume to those points where the blood vessels are closest: near the jugular vein, on the folds of the wrists, elbows and knees, on the shoulders.